We had the privilege of working on Meron and Ramondo’s wedding in Savannah at the iconic Forsyth Park fountain. This stunning couple had such a beautiful day, filled with memories, family and friends. The wedding reception was complemented by Ethiopian ethnic traditions, in honor of Meron’s heritage.
Meron chose a beautiful palette of white, blush and gold that was beautiful against the backdrop of her ceremony and reception. Marçia of Marçia’s Workshop was able to capture some endearing images from both the Christian wedding and Ethiopian Ceremony the day after.
Wedding Coordinator: Cocktails & Details®
Photographer: Marçia’s Workshop
Ceremony Venue: Forsyth Park // Savannah, GA
Reception Venue: American Legion
Florals: Kato Florals
Caterer: Savannah Event Catering
Wedding Cake: Rum Runners Bakery
Rentals: Amazing Event Rentals
Lighting: All About You DJs
DJ: DJ Skypager
You’re only limited by your imagination with 43Layers. Simply submit your design idea and collaborate with designers to make your idea come to life. You’ll receive a digital preview of your custom event accessory, which you can tweak until it’s perfect. When it is, in a few days you’ll hold your final product in your hands.
Despite the title, I really love Pinterest. Perhaps that was a bit drastic.
Like most users, I’m addicted to Pinterest. It’s like Target– I go in for one thing, come out 40 minutes later with a bunch of stuff I didn’t know I wanted.
Pinterest is great for inspiration. It can show you things you didn’t know was possible or take your vision further than you’ve ever thought. That’s great. That’s also a problem. I can’t tell you how many times brides send us their Pinterest boards or pins for their wedding want “exactly this” , having their heart set on beautiful bouquets, stylized tables and elaborate seating. Visually, Pinterest is a dream.
When the quotes come in, it’s a loud wake up call. Pinterest doesn’t tell you:
- If the flowers in your pins are in season
- How much the flowers in your pins cost
- How much the rentals in your pins cost
- The full scope of the venue
These are some pretty important factors to consider. In addition to the list above, many photos on Pinterest are styled shoots. It’s far easier to produce such grandeur on a smaller scale than for 100+ guests. I’m not saying that Pinterest is the devil, don’t get me wrong. It’s a great source of inspiration, not replication.
Here is how to use Pinterest to your advantage–
- Search efficiently – First, start with a search of your wedding venue to see what has been done there and what works. Next, search for inspiration ideas with the flowers that are in season. Picking flowers that are in season will help you keep your costs down, as well as your hopes aligned with your inspiration. Don’t know what flowers to pick for your wedding? Get our wedding flowers in season download. See what you like and don’t like.
- Reality Check – Make sure the linens, tables and that you’ve found during your search will work in your venue. For example, if your venue comes with round tables, but your centerpieces that you love are on wood farm tables, the translation will not be the same.
- Request Quotes – Request quotes from florists and rental companies with the inspiration and ideas you’ve gathered so far. Be sure to include the florals that you found to be in season, as well as your rental needs (chargers, chairs, linens, etc.). Most importantly, include your budget. If you’re not sure how much to budget, check out our How Much Do Weddings Cost post.
Every bride loves to wear those special items that designate her as “The Bride” or “Mrs”. Whether it is for your bachelorette party, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner or getting ready, Wildfox has come up with some fashionable options for you!
Wildfox has something for your honeymoon, bridesmaids and even a little treat for yourself!