|Birthday Cake Shot by LiquorSnob|
…And today’s my birthday! WOOO HOOOO! Wait. I mean it’s the anniversary of my 21st birthday.
I’ll be spending it…probably doing the same thing I usually do— work and play with my kidlets 🙂 What did I get myself this year? 2 inches off my waist and 2 inches off my thighs!!
Almost makes it a shame that I am going to put it back on when I have my birthday cake… But I sit back and I think, “What have I learned?”, “What makes me different this year from last year?” Well I’ve learned:
- Beauty fades, dumb is forever.
- You can have anything in this world if you want it bad enough and are willing to pay the price to get/have it.
- Hearing my kids call me “Mommy” and run and hug me trumps any and every prima donna moment in my previous diva life.
- That anyone who purchases heels four inches and taller should be required to obtain a permit and take a class.
- Sometimes the heavy bag punches back.
- Needing someone is like needing a parachute; if they’re not there for you once, chances are you won’t be needing them again.
- You never know the type of day another person is having or the current predicament they might be in…try not to expound or dump on them.
- The best thing I’ve found is a wonderful man who loves me and thinks I’m hot after eight years of marriage and three babies. (Yup, a keeper)
- Some days you’re the pigeon…Some days you’re the statue.
- It doesn’t matter who says “sorry” first. (As long as it isn’t me. LOL ok, kidding!)
- You can’t fix stupid.
I’m sure I could go on and on with more “Terrica-isms” but I’m going to go on a living spree for my birthday!
So for my birthday, have a Birthday Cake Shot and think of me!
Here is the recipe, courtesy of LiquorSnob:
Preparing the shot glass:
• 1/2 shot vodka
• 1/2 shot Frangelico hazelnut liqueur
Slice and have ready:
• One slice of lemon per shot
On a small plate place two tablespoons of sugar per shot.
After you have you finished mixing your drink, take a lemon slice and dip both sides of it in the sugar kept on the plate. Lick the sugar off the lemon (don’t swallow the sugar now), take the shot, swallow, and now bite the lemon slice and relish the chocolaty and exotic flavor of the Birthday Cake Shot.