We Likey: Samuel Adams’ Brewlywed Ale
Your hunny just got a whole lot more excited about wedding planning.
No matter where your wedding is, more likely than not, beer is going to play a big role in your wedding. Well, for the guys, anyway. Having a broad, quality selection is like the guy’s version of the wedding cake. Leave it to Jim Koch of Samuel Adams to come up with something totally awesome (he actually brewed the first batch of Samuel Adams Noble Pils for his daughter’s wedding day). Let me tell you how awesome Jim is– at a recent Brewlywed Ale tasting at the Samuel Adams Brewery, he served as best man to adventurous couples who got married at the Brewery!
Brewlywed Ale is described as a distinct and complex brew with a layer of flavors including fruit and honeysuckle notes from the Belgian yeast, as well as the sweetness from malt and a citrus character from hops.
For all you beer heads out there, here’s the specs:
Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale, Brewers’ tasting notes:
· This traditional Belgian-style bride ale combines the tropical, floral aromas of Stella and Summer hops with subtle hints of spice.
· Its light malt character and soft hop profile impart an upfront fruity taste followed by lingering notes of clove and honeysuckle from Belgian yeast. The Belgian yeast also imparts distinct flavors of spicy clove and tropical fruit character.
· At 8% ABV, Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale is a medium bodied brew, deep golden in color with a slight unfiltered haze.
· This special brew finishes a little crisp from the wheat, with a citrus and fruity note on the palate and lingering hop finish.
· We recommend serving this beer at a temperature of 40-45° and enjoying it before your one-year anniversary.
· Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale will be packaged in decorated 750mL, cork-finished bottles; and available for $14.99 per bottle, or purchased by the case of 12 (maximum of 3 cases per purchase).