What NOT To Do For Your Wedding: Invitations
Invitations set the stage for your event.Â They give the basic info, but you choice in invite could be the difference between “Oh my gosh, honey, come here! Look at this!” to “Ugh, great. Another wedding”.
Â Pick the invite that is expressive of who you are as a couple as well as what you want your event to be.Â Get your guests excited about your wedding, literally on the edge of their seats for what will come next!Â
What NOT to Do:
- Improperly word or address your invitations.Â Instead, get help from books or sites like MyGatsby or Beau-Coup.Â Avoid faux pas by going directly to a reputable source like a wedding planner or invitation specialist/dealer.
- Choose more invitation than you have “stamp money”.Â When factoring your invitation budget, remember to count: extras, envelopes, and STAMPS!Â Remember the weight of our evelope will determine its postage, and Uncle Sam is merciless when it comes to improper postage.Â Also remember the stamp(s) for your response envelope.
- Ask for money. Period. Don’t journey to the land of tacky and uncouth.Â Asking your guests to return their RSVP with their part of the meal is horrible.Â This probably has never crossed your mind. I have email to prove it has crossed someone’s!
What TO Do:
- Lay down the law early.Â If you do not want children at your reception, tactfully word it on your response or reception card, not on your invitation!Â We will discuss the little people in another WNTDFYW.Â If you have an invitee that will take total advantage of the “and guest” allowance, send their response card pre-filled.
- Choose an invite that is reflective of who you are as a couple and what you want your event to mean.Â It should set the tone for your event and complement your theme.
- Order in advance and order plenty of extras!Â Start addressing and assembling your invites as early as possible. Time flies when you’re planning your wedding!
best dog crates
fantastic points altogether, you just won brand new reader. What might you recommend about your post that you simply made a few days ago? Any positive?