Meet the Locals: Justin Henshaw of Island Sound: Saint Simons and Jekyll Island DJ
We’re back again with Meet the Locals! This week, we are introducing you to Justin Henshaw of Island Sound, a local DJ company servicing St. Simons Island and Jekyll Island, as well as surrounding areas. Justin’ s a St. Simons Island native and graduated from Glynn Academy, c/o ’98. After high school, he moved away and lived in New York City for a few years. After the tragedies of 9/11, Justin joined the United States Marine Corps. In the infantry, Justin served in 5 combat deployments including Afghanistan, Iraq, the horn of Africa and Cuba. After his 5 years of active service he moved back to St. Simons Island to be closer to his family, go to college and started his own business called Island Sound. Island Sound is a mobile DJ and entertainment service that performs for weddings and private events throughout the surrounding areas. Justin will also be graduating in May with is BBA from the College of Coastal Georgia. He lives on St. Simons with his golden retriever Emma and is a member of St. Simons Community Church. He enjoys spending time with his family, good movies, the beach and being on the water.
We love events with Justin and his crew, and also shot him a few of our getting to know you questions:
- My favorite part of the wedding day is The First Dance
- I never leave the house for a wedding without my iPhone
- My one tip for couples getting married in the Golden Isles is Hire a Wedding Planner! (we didn’t tell him to say this! )
- Your must-see or must-do for couples while in the area: The pier at Gould’s Inlet, St. Simons Island
- What is your favorite song for a wedding (ceremony or reception) and explain why. Unchained Melody by Righteous Brothers… best Love song ever! In fact, I want it to be my first dance song one day.
Learn more about Island Sound by visiting their website, check them out on Facebook and follow them on Twitter!