We’re all for a good cocktail, especially a nice Southern cocktail for a signature drink!
We received a beautiful bottle of Makers Mark to sample, and WOW! Makers Mark is a Kentucky bourbon with a soft, smooth flavor—what is so special about Makers is that the flavor stems from the root of winter wheat in the mash as opposed to rye.
You would expect bourbon to be hard; but this smooth, full bodied and very flavorful. I love the bottle, which looks like melted wax own the sides; I almost was sad to break the seal. FYI, Makers Mark has a wonderful rich history of being a family owned distillery and that unique wax seal is created by hand. Each bottle is hand dipped!
Known as “the” bourbon for young sophisticates, it’s good clean, and in my opinion, very good mixed in a cocktail. I enjoyed it in a whiskey sour and also loved it in this great Southern Cocktail:
Bourbon Peach Smash
- Muddle 2 pieces of fresh Georgia peach, 2 lemon pieces, and 2 to 3 mint leaves in 1 ounce of simple
- syrup in the bottom of a mixing glass
- Add 2 ounces of Maker’s Mark Bourbon and shake
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with crushed ice
- Garnish with a mint sprig
If you ever get a chance to try it, you will definitely like it– even if you aren’t a boubom