Signature Cocktail Ideas Inspired by US Cities
Watch! the official magazine of CBS is a wonderful lifestyle publication that gives readers the backstage pass into entertainment, television and pop culture, mixed in with celebrity, fashion, lifestyle, travel, movies, music and sports. They have just launched exclusive cocktail recipes in a recent issue that are inspired by some of the US hottest cities!
- Capitol Kiss – a rum, berry and champagne combo from Degrees Bar & Lounge at The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown in Washington, D.C.
- The Islander – a mix of cognac, Cointreau and black tea from Whiskey Park at the W Hotel in Atlanta.
- Rosa Rossa – the signature prosecco drink from Cecconi’s restaurant in Los Angeles.
- Pepper-mint Julep – a revved-up version of the mint julep from Stephen Pyles restaurant in Dallas.
– 1½ ounces 10 Cane rum
– 1 ounce simple syrup
– 5 raspberries
– 5 blueberries
– 8–10 fresh spearmint leaves
– ½ ounce B&B liqueur
– 2 ounces Moët & Chandon Imperial champagne
Instructions: In a tall highball glass, lightly muddle ½ ounce rum, simple syrup, berries and mint leaves. Add ice, remaining rum and liqueur; stir to mix well. Fill with champagne. Garnish with a fresh mint sprig and lime wedge.
– 3–4 mint leaves
– 1 ounce Remy Martin VSOP champagne cognac
– 1½ ounces Cointreau liqueur
– ¾ ounce fresh lemon juice
– ½ ounce simple syrup
– 3 ounces black tea
Instructions: Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously and strain over ice into a glass. Garnish with a lemon wheel.
– 4 ounces prosecco
– 1 ounce Martini & Rossi Rosatovermouth
– ½ ounce Lamill rose petal blend tea-infused simple syrup (lamillcoffee.com)
– ½ ounce brewed Lamill rose tea
Instructions: Fill glass with crushed ice and prosecco. In a separate glass, add the other ingredients. Strain and pour over prosecco. Garnish with basil leaf and lemon peel.
Pepper-Mint Julep (serves four)
– 2?3 cup mint sprigs, reserving four mint sprigs for garnish
– 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
– 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced, seeded and chopped
– ¼ cup ice water
– 1½ cups (8 jiggers) bourbon
Instructions: Using a mortar and pestle or wooden spoon, grind together mint, sugar and jalapeño. Place in a mixing bowl, cover with ice water and stir to dissolve sugar. Add bourbon and refrigerate for at least one hour. Fill four glasses with ice. Strain chilled mixture into glasses, and place glasses in freezer for at least 20 minutes (until they become frosty). Garnish with a mint sprig, and add an extra jalapeño garnish for even more zip.