St. Simons Wedding Planner :: Island Destination Weddings | I Dare You: Lampshade Centerpiece Trend
3541
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-3541,single-format-standard,edgt-core-1.0.1,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,hudson-ver-2.1, vertical_menu_with_scroll,smooth_scroll,blog_installed,hide_inital_sticky,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.7,vc_responsive

I Dare You: Lampshade Centerpiece Trend

I Dare You will be a new tag for you to keep up with some of the newest trends that we are noticing in wedding, event and entertaining décor.  True, I could’ve called it “wedding trends”, but how much fun would that be?

We noticed lampshades making great strides when it comes to centerpiece décor.  I absolutely love the trend—it’s fun, unique and offers a totally different spin on the feel of events.

Lampshade Centerpieces for weddings and events Lampshade Centerpieces for weddings and events Lampshade Centerpieces for weddings and events

Lampshade Centerpieces for weddings and events

Amazing wedding at the Omni Shoreham. post by DaVinci Florist

7 Comments
Share Post

7 Comments

• I love the lampshade trend. I remember seeing this over a year ago and when I mentioned it to someone they thought I was crazy. I bet they don’t think I am anymore 🙂

February 21, 2011 at 11:04 pm
  • LOL I’ll bet you’re right, too! I think it is so unique and can save a ton on florals.

February 22, 2011 at 10:41 am
  • Jamie Lynn

Is there a place where you can rent these lamps?? I’m trying to figure out a way to do it for our wedding, but I’m not sure how to light or even make them! Can anyone help me?! 🙁

July 10, 2011 at 3:05 am
  • Jamie Lynn– I’m sorry the process has been so troublesome! Depending on how large your city is, an event production company might have some for rent. Otherwise, you may want to look for wholesale pieces (vases, lampshades, etc.) and make your own. This is truly ideal if you want a unique look for your centerpieces. You can add trims of your choice which can be purchased from craft stores or Etsy. You can also use floralytes to put in the bases for the extra lighting effect. I hope this helps!

July 11, 2011 at 8:14 pm
  • I want to know, could you send me a step by step procedure on how to make a lampshade centerpiece. I seen these centerpieces on websites, but it seems no one really says how you can make them.

Thanks

September 16, 2011 at 7:33 am
  • allison

I would also love a step by step guide…. anyone know how to do them? I love the look of the ones that look like they are made out of a candle stand base or something. Helping with my nieces wedding in just a month! Please HELP!

February 17, 2012 at 8:31 pm