Meet the Locals: Chris + Amanda Moncus, St. Simons, Sea Island and Jekyll Island Wedding Photographer
Our new series, Meet the Locals, will introduce you to some of the Golden Isles’ wedding professionals who service Saint Simons Island, Jekyll Island, and beyond. Because I simply adore them, I’ve asked them specific questions to bring out their awesome personalities and showcase their work. Enjoy!
This week’s local, or “locals”, are Chris and Amanda Moncus of Chris Moncus Photography. (Doesn’t this picture just make you smile? I love it!) Chris Moncus Photography is the dynamic husband and wife duo of Chris & Amanda Moncus. We fell in love with photography right after we fell in love with each other. Rarely did a camera leave our side. After shooting our first wedding we were hooked and now years later here we are lighting up the Golden Isles.
- My favorite part of the wedding day is…seeing the love the couple has for each other – especially at the first look – and photographing it.
- I never leave the house for a wedding without my …(this is easy) camera.
- My one tip for couples getting married in the Golden Isles is: Get married in the late fall or winter. We don’t have super cold winters and this is the least booked time for vendors so you’ll have an easier time getting who you want. Don’t worry about the scenery either – Jekyll Island Club Hotel, Sea Island, and Epworth all maintain their lawns to be mostly green year around.
- A must-see or must-do for couples while in the area: Must-see… The sunrise at driftwood beach. Must-do: Relax in the St Simons village.
- A picture of our favorite wedding day image and why: Ok so here’s the deal. I feel like a parent… I can’t choose which kid (picture) is my favorite! Wanna help?
Since Chris put me on the spot, here’s the one I chose. Completely swoonworthy: