St. Simons Wedding Planner :: Island Destination Weddings | An Open Service Proposal for the Scammers
2062
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-2062,single-format-standard,edgt-core-1.0,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,hudson-ver-1.9, vertical_menu_with_scroll,smooth_scroll,blog_installed,hide_inital_sticky,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.2,vc_responsive

An Open Service Proposal for the Scammers

I’d like to take a moment to deviate from the normally scheduled wedding awesomeness, and publish an open service proposal for all of those loving medical doctors from England (or wherever)  who would like to plan a wedding in “Anytown, USA” and attempt to scam wedding professionals with their fake requests.  What used to come from large wedding planning sites are now finding their way to your company’s email address or inquiry form.  If you are a bride and looking for some wedding goodness, tune in tomorrow.  If you’re a planner, enjoy, my friend.  Enjoy.

The letters typically start like this….

Hello,

My Name is Dr. David Walter of London, England i need an experienced wedding planner who will handle my wedding and arrange the reception dinner for a group of people who will be attending the wedding ceremony.

The wedding is expected to hold on the 16th of January 2010 and 50 to 70 guests are expected to attend. As i do not know what the guests might choose for their meals and drinks, i will make a prepayment as initial deposit for this booking via credit card once availability is confirmed by you.All checks and balances will be made with you on 3rd of September which is the final day of the booking, You are to arrange for a a venue for the wedding  a place for the reception ,Videography, Music Entertainment,Photography,cake and flowers.

If there is any these items that is beyond your capability, you let us know so that another company can handle it. Get back to me with your response as we don’t have much time with us so that we can process our accommodation within the region more convenient for you and us.

Please get back to me via my personal email which is [email protected]

Best Regards,

David Walter

[email protected]

And now…my reply….

Dearest Sir,

It is with great enthusiasm, loathing and utter insanity that I write this service proposal.   I indeed was quite exuberant when I received your generic scam , service request about your wedding.  Upon further research through Interpol’s data and checking an FBI’s watch list, I have come to the conclusion that you are not engaged, never have been, and moreover, don’t really know any girls.  Instead, you live in your mother’s basement with her 11 cats…and one litter box.  Nevertheless, for posterity’s sake, I shall play this little game with you in regards to this upcoming wedding for which you have a need for .  Below, I have taken the liberty of drawing up a proposal according to the event vision I believe you and your love would be happy with and deserve.

Venue:

As you can see, this venue while not as spacious as most, is full of personality, character and ambiance.  With the uncut, natural landscaping, feral dogs and cats guarding the rear and front entrances, as well as the snakes, tree frogs and geckos about, we like to consider this as one of the more eco-friendly venues that your bride would look radiant in.  And yes, the urine and beer stains come with the unit.  You lucked out!

Condemned by the City :: Gratis (just be sure to be out if you hear sirens. If the police show up, I don’t know you and we never met)

Photography:

No need to argue over classic or photojournalistic styles.  With this state of the art ESLR (etch and sketch lens reflex),  you are sure to capture all of the endearing moments and elegant details.  More over, if you catch an unfavorable or less than flattering shot—simply shake and it’s gone forever!

$12 :: Available in the romantic black and silver only

Band:

Randy Watson is a world renowned celebrity with the vocal chords of an angel.  His four piece band is talented as well, having been the understudies for the understudies of extras in the hit cable series “The Wire”.  In addition to performing at events, they are also found every Wednesday playing at Shady Pines Retirement Home.

$2 and a biscuit

Videography:

While the ESLR will capture your moments on the silver screen, here is your chance to get those memories in motion.  Capture every tear drop, her laugh, and every drunken fight with our artist pad animation.  Presently, we can only do stick figures, however if you book by the 30th, we will throw in colored pencils at no additional charge.

$5

Caterer:

Nothing says American like Mickey D’s.  Since that is what we believe  is what you and your fiancee or worth this will give you a glimpse in to American fast food, it pretty much works.  With approximately 150 guests and ordering solely off the Dollar Menu, I do believe we can  keep your catering costs under $500. We will throw in the My Little Pony.

$450 + tax and gratuity for the drive thru window attendants

Wedding Cake:

I know. It pretty much leaves us speechless, too.

$20 per short cake :: $460

Wedding Planner:

Of course, in addition to these fabulous vendors, you would also have us available for a good tongue lashing, turning you into the cops and dodging all of your calls advice and creative consults.

$3,000 per 5 minute increment :: Approximately 800 hours

It would be my pleasure to assist you with finding your vendors and venue for her wedding in three days.  I must say, I was quite relieved when I read you would expedite the phony check payment, for as you must know and understand, undertaking such a glorious event in such short time will need some surety.  Additionally when your bogus check in an amount far over the proposed fees because you seek to illegally recoup the excess,  payment arrives, in full disclosure I will admit that I will not be sending you the funds in excess and instead will be vacationing in Capri.  In the event that you feel that I cannot handle the event, I would eagerly refer you to my colleague, Sir Ray Ray of South Centralshire who is the proprietor of Ray Ray’s Chicken and Weddings. He can provide all of the services above, including wedding planner, personally and simultaneously.  His rates begin at 10 easy monthly payments of 19.99.  Feel free to pass this along to your scammer friends other fathers of the brides and grooms in your area,  as I hear you guys hang out in packs.

Of course, while I wish you and your bride the very best and eagerly await your decision on my services, I would also like to take this moment to mention that if it does not work out with you and her, we also offer matchmaking services.  I would gladly match her with any one of the deposed, expatriate Nigerian princes who are seeking to reclaim their inheritance from our database.

Now, please kindly die in a fire.

Wishing you nothing but the best with about 15 years in prison and burly cellmate  tagged on to that,

All the wedding planners of the world who are sick of getting these scams

30 Comments
Share Post

30 Comments

• I laughed so hard the whole way through !!!! Thank you

August 23, 2009 at 11:00 am
  • Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

August 23, 2009 at 11:34 am
  • SO awesome! This almost makes me want to hit reply and paste instead of just deleting….
    .-= Amber Events´s last blog ..Introducing "Krista’s Pretty Things" =-.

August 23, 2009 at 12:01 pm
  • LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Terrica!

August 23, 2009 at 12:27 pm
  • Seriously. This is funny. And I am really sick of getting these scams. I once received a voicemail from a man pretending to be a doctor from Nigeria (you know the rest). When my husband got home, I told him that I had another one! When he listened to it, he died laughing. It was him. My hub had called and left the message as a joke. He wasn’t even using an accent, just his own voice. He totally got me. Sigh. Good times.
    .-= Suzanne The Party Girl´s last blog ..The Man Who Collected Food and Sausage Fest =-.

August 23, 2009 at 12:32 pm
  • True fabulousness!

August 23, 2009 at 12:50 pm
  • Roll On The Floor Laughing My A** Off

August 23, 2009 at 1:21 pm
  • Absolutely brilliant! I laughed so hard, but I would love to send this to all the scams I get, particularly a certain Sir Adalbert who is especially persistent!

.-= London Wedding Planner´s last blog ..Come What May =-.

August 23, 2009 at 1:42 pm
  • Hazel Boone

It’s nice to know that travel agencies aren’t the only businesses getting these requests! Your response was perfect! I usually just delete them!

August 23, 2009 at 2:09 pm
  • You are so awesome. This is hilarious!

Love & Soul Always, Kay
    .-= Kawania @ Howerton+Wooten Events´s last blog ..Fresh Fig Tarts for a Late Summer Engagement Brunch =-.

August 23, 2009 at 2:14 pm
  • This is hilarious! I will simply respond to all future email “offers” I receive with a link to your response! 🙂

August 23, 2009 at 5:08 pm
  • Oh my goodness, I just about fell off my chair laughing! I started getting these about 3 years ago, and they haven’t stopped since – I’ve sent off a few smarta** responses, but never as funny as your ‘proposal’!! Priceless. My best one was actually the first one that came in, they pretended to be german. When I emailed them back in German (Which I am fluent in) and their response back made no sense, I knew. Ha!
    .-= Bella Design´s last blog ..Point of Inspiration =-.

August 23, 2009 at 5:50 pm
  • I loved very hard while reading this. I may have to steal it. As a photographer I receive 2 or 3 of this scams every season. Thank you for putting this together.

August 23, 2009 at 5:50 pm
  • I want to copy this and reply tot hem. AWESOME! thanks for the laugh.
    .-= saundra, event engineer´s last blog ..the LAST wedding at Executive Inn, Evansville IN =-.

August 23, 2009 at 9:36 pm
  • I love this! I may have to use this when I get these email. Thanks for writing it up!
    .-= Danielle´s last blog ..Home =-.

August 23, 2009 at 10:24 pm
  • This is the funniest thing I’ve read in a long time. Genius!

August 24, 2009 at 2:26 am
  • Fantastic! I am getting so bored of those ridiculous emails and that is the most perfect reply!
    xx

August 24, 2009 at 9:07 am
  • I couldn’t love you any more right now! You made my day!

XXOO!
    .-= Melissa at MasterPiece Weddings´s last blog ..A Book by it’s Cover =-.

August 24, 2009 at 9:37 am
  • Love, love, love the reply! Reading this really kickstarted my day. I’m tempted to link to this post as a reply. 😉
    .-= Kerline Docteur, PBC´s last blog ..Trunk Sale: Today at Lily’s Bridal =-.

August 24, 2009 at 10:27 am
  • Thank You! About time someone speaks their mind!! LOL

August 24, 2009 at 11:08 am
  • One wedding planner’s response to foreign email wedding scam – http://tinyurl.com/lcue42

August 24, 2009 at 12:07 pm
  • Love this! I am so tired of getting these scams. When will this end?

August 24, 2009 at 1:46 pm
  • Fabulous!!!

August 24, 2009 at 10:29 pm
  • Amen Terrica! I had to read this in three goes as I was laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face and couldn’t see!
    .-= Fiona´s last blog ..Steals and Deals: Novat Shoes Preston,VIC =-.

August 25, 2009 at 1:07 am
  • This post will go down in history!

Forget falling asleep now… I probably woke the entire house! HAHAHAHAHA!!

Only Terrica could master this reply…
    .-= Precious :: Precious Nuptials & Destinations´s last blog ..The Little White Dress =-.

August 27, 2009 at 5:05 am
  • Terrica, You are a riot!

Thanks for this.
    Hope all is well.

Giuli
    Gala Cloths

August 27, 2009 at 5:38 pm
  • Sooooo funny & so what they deserve!!! This is awesome! Fav part: “Please kindly die in a fire” 🙂 LOL

August 27, 2009 at 11:58 pm
  • Carly

This is brilliant, I have just my reply back. Fortunately my husband researched this. I am new to wedding planning, and thank fully realised before it was too late!

September 15, 2009 at 10:33 am
  • OMG – incredible response….I’d love to be the fly on the wall when they receive that response….ahhhh, no one can say it better than Terrica!!! Good on ya!
    .-= Jolyn @ Nuance Occasions´s last blog ..Shopping Style :: In Favor of a Cure =-.

October 3, 2009 at 12:09 am