Destination I Do: Operation Aisle Style!
WHO You! Plus press, fashionistas, event planners, trendsetters, other brides-to-be,
local luminaries, hipsters and Page 6-ers.
WHAT W Hotels knows how to add WOW to your vows, and how to do it just a little bit differently. Operation Aisle Style is a party, a fashion show and an epicurean adventure inspired by intrepid travelers, libertines, alterna-wedding wunderkinds, Carolyn Gerin, creator of the best-selling Anti-Bride series by Chronicle Books, and Jennifer Stein, publisher of Destination I Do Magazine, the premiere international romance travel magazine in partnership with the uber-hip, chicly romantic, W New Orleans – French Quarter.
WHEN Thursday, October 30, 2008, 7 pm – 10 pm
WHERE W New Orleans – French Quarter, 316 Rue Chartres
WOW! Romance, mystery, and old world glamour await you at the W New Orleans – French Quarter.
Includes: Fashion show with signature styles by Project Runways Austin Scarlett, makeup tips and tricks area, professional photo session, libations and nibbles in the Courtyard, a raffle of coveted items for your trousseau and swag bags with booty for your beauty.
Let us take you behind the scenes to your picture perfect day:
• Sip signature cocktails created especially for the bride and groom featuring X-Rated Fusion Liqueur and divine wines with pairings by the wine makers of Somerston Winery, featuring Napa Valley’s notorious Bad Habit and High Flyer wines with the inspired cuisine of our W – New Orleans chefs.
• At the stroke of 7 pm, witness the “Operation Aisle Style” bridal fashion show bringing you the hippest bridal styles hot off the runway from our prince of aisle style, Project Runways Austin Scarlett and more, and then onto the most regal and rockin’ reception of the year in the W’s wildly romantic French Quarter Courtyard.
• Event participants/Co-promoters: Chronicle Books (publisher of Anti-Bride series and Cooking Up a Storm), Avant Guides (creator of Avant Guides, New Orleans edition), Destination I Do Magazine, Destination I Do Magazine, Anti-Bride Productions, Somerston Wines, X-Rated Fusion Liqueur, Celebrity Make-up Artist Brandy from bgdmakeupartistry.com, Caleton Club & Villas, W New Orleans – French Quarter and more will make it the high profile event of the season.
• Help us donate dollars to Sweet Home New Orleans, an organization dedicated to rebuilding the homes of New Orleans’ beloved musical community, lost to hurricane Katrina.
• Fabulous Prizes furnished by: Avant Guides, Chronicle Books, Destination I Do Magazine, W New Orleans – French Quarter, Caleton Club & Villas and Somerston Wines. One lucky winner will receive a 3-night/4-day luxury honeymoon getaway at Caleton Club & Villas, located in the ‘world’s new great destination’ of Cap Cana in the Dominican Republic. Prize trip includes accommodations in an ocean side bungalow, breakfast daily and private transfers to/from the Punta Cana International Airport. Good luck!
• Prepare to be tagged by our roving photojournalists and noticed on all the social sites right after the party in a fabulous photo essay documenting the revelry.
Click here for more info on the event.
To RSVP email
You must be 21 to enter and tickets are $10 at the door. Proceeds go to Sweet Home New Orleans.
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
Brought to you by: