Did You Know?
Let’s talk shop.
I’m goingshare some things with that may have heard or thought about, that might not necessarily be true or warranted.
- Hardly anyone really saves the top layer of their cake anymore. Sure, they say they will eat it at their first year anniversary, but come on. Let’s be real. A lot of brides are ditching that idea and tradition– I hear so many say “I am not going that nasty thing next year! Let’s eat the whole thing!” Besides, many bakers now give their clients discounted or free cakes at their first year anniversary.
- Speaking of cakes…Wedding cake is cute. Wedding cake is sweet. But believe it or not, not everyone eats it! So it is really unnecessary have a huge cake; save that money and apply it elsewhere. may even consider doing dummy layers get that “big cake” look or order a cake for only 70-90 percent of your guest list if are having a dessert served with dinner.
- can eliminate the inner envelope from your invitation order. Save a tree. No one uses them anymore– they are antiquated. I know some of the etiquette books might tell otherwise– but when crack it open again, ask it if it is contributing your budget. Originally, inner envelopes served a grand purpose: it kept the invitation clean and free from smudges and dirt when they were delivered by a courier on a horse. If that applies , then keep your inner envelope 🙂
- If have a small wedding guest list, can an iPod wedding. Many entertainment companies now rent out sound systems for this exact reason. This is particularly good for those smaller parties, especially with those in the guest list who are not big dancers. iTunes offer the “clean” versions of several songs if are afraid of offending Grandma. Just remember have a tech savvy friend man the station for important events (i.e., introduction, first dance, cake cutting, etc.). Remember put some thought into your playlist. Start your party with something upbeat and fun, include songs from different eras appeal the masses, and occasionally slow it down allow the couples a little romance time.
- should ALWAYS order extra invitations and envelopes. Not just because someone might mess up the envelope or one my tear, but because sometimes envelopes are addressed incorrectly and are returned back (or sometimes not at all). will need easily get out new invitations go your guests or send out invitations those on your B list,in the event from your A list sends their regrets. Time is of the essence! Being able this quickly can eliminate the stress when the final numbers are due.