St. Simons Wedding Planner :: Island Destination Weddings | The Best Marriage Proposal, like EVER.
175
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-175,single-format-standard,edgt-core-1.0,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,hudson-ver-1.8, vertical_menu_with_scroll,smooth_scroll,blog_installed,hide_inital_sticky,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.0.1,vc_responsive

The Best Marriage Proposal, like EVER.

Another one of my colleagues came across this wedding sugar and I HAD to share with you guys:

Below are links to a slideshow and photographs of a proposal an Atlanta man to his girlfriend. Here is what the photographer said.

At the end of April I had the privilege to shoot the engagement of Robert Gray, Jr. and Keisha Williams.

Robert and Keisha met four years ago at a surprise birthday party for a mutual friend. Two months later Keisha received anonymous flowers with a subtle message attached. It was an additional month before Robert revealed himself as her secret admirer. Robert is a native of Atlanta and Keisha hails from LaGrange,
GA.

This past February Robert contacted me to talk about his engagement plans. We met at a Starbucks in Southwest
Atlanta. The meeting lasted nearly an hour because Robert was so excited to tell me all about what he had been planning for a year. The surprise engagement was to take place at the Ritz Carlton in Buckhead, Georgia. He even had a name for the the proposal ‘Remember the Ritz’ and an email address!!

Robert had arranged for 10 rooms (on different floors) at the hotel to be reserved. The rooms were to be filled with family and friends reading scriptures, roses that had been laced with gold, and unlimited candles!

On the day of the engagement, I started shooting at 4 PM and ended at 12 AM (8 hours!). There is so much more to explain but I wouldn’t do much justice. My suggestion – pop a bag of popcorn, pull out a box of tissues, and find a comfortable seat. This will be the most elaborate proposal you have ever seen.

Literally, this guy got it RIGHT the entire time.   He had 400 roses flown in from South Africa, which his male friends kept alive for him in order to pull this off!  He rented 10 hotel rooms, had 50 friends and family members involved and 300 votive candles, with another 12 – 24 carat gold-dipped roses.  Throw in 2 bottles of champagne and it took 8 hours to complete the proposal and the after-party.

Somebody give this man my number and let him know I’ve got a job waiting for him!

Check out the pictures.  The fabulous photographer is Ross Oscar Knight. He Rocks. Period.

43 Comments
Share Post

43 Comments

• That slideshow absolutely destroyed me. Truly one of the most powerful proposals I have ever heard of.

July 19, 2007 at 8:29 pm
  • There just isn’t any words to describe what god has blessed this couple with. It makes us married folks think about doing it again just to try and capture just a faction of their bliss. I’m so full of joy for them, with that said ;let me end with a very popular scripture; “What God has put together, let NO man put under.” GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 20, 2007 at 8:00 pm
  • This slideshow is breath taking. Nevertheless how does one generate a powerful proposal like this? This slideshow will touch every heart veiwing this e-mail. May God bless you and yours. Regina you are right there isn;t any word to describe what God has blessed this couple with.

July 20, 2007 at 11:09 pm
  • WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 21, 2007 at 8:55 am
  • Bridgette

JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!

God Bless this wonderful couple.

July 24, 2007 at 5:47 pm
  • Wonderful! Wonderful! God Bless this couple!

July 27, 2007 at 12:07 am
  • Euphemia

I have watched The Proposal at least seven times and each time it is a new experience. You can feel the love that Robert has for Keisha. That event was truly planned by God. Only He could allow so many people to feel and be moved by the experience of another couple’s love. This is the story line for a wonder love story movie.

I look forward to their weeding pictures. They appear to be such a beautiful couple. Peace be with them always.

July 28, 2007 at 7:25 pm
  • carolyn

awesome this is what i am looking for. May God Bless this union forever

July 30, 2007 at 10:21 pm
  • ShaRon LovettOzuem

Speachless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I can say is God is good. Many blessings to the couple.

July 31, 2007 at 12:56 pm
  • Janice

This is truly God’s blessing. I wish them joy and happiness for eternity

August 6, 2007 at 3:47 pm
  • Janice

This is truly a blessing from God. I was so moved that I cried. For all the women that feel there are no longer good men out there, this proves them wrong. May their union be blessed for eternity

August 6, 2007 at 3:48 pm
  • Sheila

Absolutely beautiful… a friend sent it to me yesterday and I have watched it at least 3 three times and sent it off several times… What a great thing to receive such a vision…and then to act on it not sparing the cost…May it all come back to him 10 or 100 fold… God Bless them both, and the parents that raised them so beautifully. I shared it with my 11 year old son, so he can see something different than what they show on TV or hear at school.

August 7, 2007 at 8:03 am
  • Toni

That was the most romantic proposal ever. Just like a fairy tale. I thought proposals like that only happened in the movies.

August 7, 2007 at 11:05 am
  • Lethia

GOD’S LOVE IS SO A-W-S-O-M-E… ONCE UPON A TIME I THOUGHT LOVE WAS JUST A FAIRYTALE THIS PROVE I WAS WORNG.

August 25, 2007 at 2:44 am
  • Michele

Wow !
    What a beautiful gift GOD has provided for all. Such a wonderous Love, shared and adored between Robert & Keisha. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! This proposal entitled “Remember the Ritz” will be a memorable occasion for all and for always. Those who were pysically present and those of us who exprencied the loving moments; through a tremendous work of Art will never forget this proposal. Thank you all so very much for deciding to share such a tender day.

May God continue to bless you and keep you.

Remember the key to a lasting marriage is COMMUNICATION. Which you seen to do so well.
    God Bless you.

September 3, 2007 at 5:03 pm
  • Tara

All I can say is WOW! WOW! WOW!

September 7, 2007 at 9:04 am
  • JANICE

WHAT GOD HAS JOINED TOGETHER LET NO MAN PUT ASAUNDER. MAY EVER YOUNG BROTHER AND SISTER VIEW THIS GIFT AND WISH IN THEIR HEARTS FOR THE SAME OF LIKE EXPERIENCE. GOD’S PEACE AND BLESSINGS UPON KEISHA, ROBERT, AND ALL OF US.
    JANICE K.

September 12, 2007 at 4:27 am
  • JANICE

WHAT GOD HAS JOINED TOGETHER LET NO MAN PUT ASAUNDER. MAY EVERY YOUNG BROTHER AND SISTER VIEW THIS GIFT AND WISH IN THEIR HEARTS FOR THE SAME OR LIKE EXPERIENCE. GOD’S PEACE AND BLESSINGS UPON KEISHA, ROBERT, AND ALL OF US.
    JANICE K.

September 12, 2007 at 4:30 am
  • rachelle

ALL I CAN SAY MAY GOD BLESS YOU BOTH, AND THAT WAS WONDERFUL

September 13, 2007 at 5:30 pm
  • Audra

This is truly a beautiful, God-blessed and Holy Ghost inspired proposal. This really shows how God loves us and how much he wants to do for us. We wonder how Keisha can say no to Robert after seeing all he has done for her. How can we say no to God when we see what He has done for us. I wish Robert and Keisha all that Heaven has to offer in love, happiness and peace. This is the love of God epitimized in a marriage proposal!

September 19, 2007 at 8:22 am
  • Michelle

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!

Now THAT is how you ask for a woman’s hand in marriage!! I can’t even put into words how beautiful that proposal was! What impressed me the most, more than the flowers and candles, was Keisha’s friends and family, (and also her fiance’) gathering around her to PRAY!! I was so touched!! I know God will bless their union.

September 23, 2007 at 12:49 am
  • KeKe

Thank you to the beautiful couple for allowing the world into the most amazing showcase of love that I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. God has truly blessed me to be one of the many to view this and see the truth in LOVE. I got up this morning with so much on my mind and in my heart. This was just the wake up call that I needed!!!! I found myself praying to the music played in the background of this slide until my knees literally hurt. I pray God’s undying love for this beautiful union, as I know that it will be blessed.

September 24, 2007 at 10:58 pm
  • Mystery

I have watched the proposal many times and I cry each time that I see it. It is like the love that Robert has for Keisha jumps off the slide show. GOD will truly bless their union.

September 26, 2007 at 8:24 pm
  • Ianka

That was the sweetest thing ever. That is a man with a plan and determination. That is love in the finest form…. I wish them the best in life and love.

October 10, 2007 at 12:48 pm
  • Wow! Good Job ! All I can say is I hope that your life continues to be filled with these special moments together.
    Congratulations.

October 24, 2007 at 2:23 pm
  • Shani

I was beyond moved, I cried. It’s an amazing tribute to love and showings that throught pray. I pray God will send my prince and he steps up to the plate like that. Breath taking.

October 26, 2007 at 9:53 pm
  • Monique

Ladies, this should make us realize that we do not have to settle!! When a man loves you he will go the extra mile (in this case an extra 100) without even thinking. This is definitly proof that real love does still exist and it will come find you.

October 31, 2007 at 11:22 am
  • Tonia

I had the pleasure of viewing this beautiful slide show with someone special in my life and I must say, “I’m speechless”

May God continue to wrap his Angels around this couple. I wish them peace, joy and TRUE happiness forever and ever!

November 9, 2007 at 8:14 am
  • marcy

WORDS CAN NOT EXPLAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

November 11, 2007 at 12:51 pm
  • Audra

This is wonderful. You can truly see the God in this relationship. When God is involved, you know you can make it through anything. You see so many people go into marriage, not fully embracing what God has done for them. But this event is definitely not one of those times. I mean this couple acknowledges God the entire time, keeping God apart of the proposal process. And the song, wow the song just impacted this even more. I have watched this a least a dozen times already and have fowarded accordingly. May God bless and keep this couple.

November 16, 2007 at 12:43 pm
  • Lacy

All Praise to God! He has truly blessed this young lady with a thoughtful, ingenious and caring young man! I have sent this off to my email friends, after sitting and crying with ot twice. I love these two people and the love they seem to share. I am a poet and I have no words. May God continue to Bless them. He will remember them as they have remembered Him.

November 19, 2007 at 12:10 pm
  • Robert & Keisha have launched their wedding website. See their blog to read the feature article on Oprah’s website

December 1, 2007 at 1:35 pm
  • December 1, 2007 at 1:35 pm
  • Brownin

This video encourages me that sincere love still exists in this world. I was so touched by the depth of love showcased here that I HAD to say something. I am in awe of how Robert expressed his love for his fiance. And as I have clearly seen that love like that is still out there, I will not settle for anything less. Thank you for sharing your true expression of love, may God continue to bestow His blessings on the two of you.

December 3, 2007 at 12:23 am
  • LMB

Does anyone know the name and the artist of the song that was playing in the background on the slideshow? Thanks!

December 19, 2007 at 1:21 pm
  • ssp9394

The name of the song is “How Deeply I Need You” by Shekinah Glory Ministry (famous for the song “Praise is What I Do”. The song is off of their second album entitled Live!

January 9, 2008 at 5:06 pm
  • angie

wonderful!!! wonderful!!! wonderful!!!

August 20, 2008 at 1:58 pm
  • Cherise

I think that, by far, that was the most beautiful proposal of marriage I have ever seen. I think that you and him (or him and her, depending on who’s viewing this post) looked so beautiful.

May the Lord bless, and continue to bless your union, and your household. May your babies be many in number :mrgreen: and the love be of an endless supply.

I am married, and will have been married 4 years this coming July (2009). I am planning a re-comittment ceremony for my guy for the year 2010. And, I had never heard the song “Yes” by Shekinah Glory until seeing this slideshow. I must use it!lol

But in all honesty, I pray that their (your) union is (was) a very happy event. To God be the glory for you both.

September 29, 2008 at 10:48 pm
  • Angela

That just blow me away. I pray that God continue to bless your marriage and you both live a long life of happiness together.

October 6, 2008 at 9:28 pm
  • Colin Le Roux

That is so nice, it reminds me of my proposal in 1997

I have always wanted to do things differently, also something original and that cannot easily be done by anyone else, this way it would stay unique. It must be very romantic, also I wanted it to be “”huge”, I mean so huge that it must be one of the biggest proposals in the world.
    I wanted it to be multi-staged so I took 3 months to prepare.

I was in the police, had a very low salary and could not really afford anything expensive. I decided to ask the various roleplayers individually to help me for free. luckily everyone I went to loved the idea so much that they all agreed to do thier part. I will have to write this in stages.

stage 1: My girlfriend got an invitation to be at home and ready at 19:00 on valentines night. A rolls royce limosine picked her up and took her on a cruise through sunnyside, pretoria. I was waitnig at sterland movie complex for her to arrive at 19:30.

(I had arranged to book the first 5 rows of the sterland 3 (1000 seater) cinema hall. It was for the 20:00 premiere of the movie “Michael”. What she didn’t know is that I had invited a few dozen of her and my work colleagues. They were already seated inside in the dark. Seeing as it was a friday night and valentines day in the busiest part of pretoria that night I had arranged with the traffic department to close off 2 lanes of pretorius str. from right in front of sterland to the soccer stadium 100 metres down the road as to accomodate the guests quickly and in a convoy formation. There were about 20+ cars. )

stage 2: She arrived on time and I was there waiting for her. We went into the cinema with the lights off. There were candles laid on the floor all around to give a dim light. (the rest of the audience were real moviegoers who also had no idea of what was coming.) As the ads started she got nice and settled. Then just before the main movie, a music video of one of our favourite songs started with the picture out of focus, she was smiling as she recognised the song, as the picture came into focus I saw the look on her face when she realised it was me on the bigscreen. She was shocked and speechless, as the music video progressed she saw me walking in the park and going to all the places we used to visit, including me walking past the “milky lane” shop and looking at the sign with fond memories as to the place where we first got together. The music playing was “always” by Bon Jovi. 3 minutes into the video when the lyrics of the song were ” …to say these words to you…(on the screen i was looking over a mountain and then slowly turned around and from the screen proposed to her) These are the words I used: Anelda, I love you, you know these words are true, I’ve only loved one woman, that woman is you…a long time ago you stole away my heart, ever since you left me, my life’s been torn apart, I truly believe you are my destiny…my darling…I ask you to marry me!

At that stage she was speechless and unable to talk. The lights were put on and the screening stopped. There was a huge applause as the audience slowly started to realise what happened. All her friends were behind us. We never got to see the movie, we left directly to the foyer with the guests as there was more in store. (The music video was made by a proffessional film crew from Jhb who were instructed by a very influential Lady in the film business to come to pretoria and film the video. She liked the idea so much, everything was done for free, we filmed for a whole day to get the 4 min video.) Ster kinekor were kind enough to let me do this on one of the busiest nights of the year and in the biggest cinema in SA at the time.

Stage 3: In the foyer there were candles in the shape of a heart on the floor. We danced to another song of “ours” all alone with all the moviegoers watching us. At the end of the song, to my surprise as well, one of the PR ladies at Sterland ahd secretly called a friend who owned a bridal shop. We had been given a full wedding planning package as well as a free wedding dress for my fianc’e. Milky lane had also joined in and made a special valentines ice-cream cake for us and the guests.

Stage 4: We all went to our cars and proceeded to the next venue, however we did not just drive there, we were escorted in one of the longest cavalcade’s ever in south africa. There were traffic vehicles, police vehicles, traffic motorbikes all with lights flashing. The roads were closed for 10 kilometres at the halfway mark we were taken over by the ceturion traffic department as it was a different municipal area. We then got to the centurion mall where the lake is. They had closed off a whole parking area just for our procession. We all walked to the lakeside and took a seat at the lakeside amphitheatre area.

Stage 5: I got up and walked to the podium and was given a microphone . This time I mimed to a beautiful song by Bobby Vinton called “I’ve always loved you” However while song was playing the musical water fountain was programmed to sync with the music( also took a week to organise)

Stage 6: At the end of the song the lights were turned off and we were treated to a large fireworks display, and it ended with a largre fireworks billboard that said “Anelda, I love you”.

Stage 7: I gave her the ring at this stage. After a few minutes we all went to eat out at a restaurant in the centre.

that’s it! The story was featured in the You and Hisgenoot magazine in march 1997.

I had invited Carte Blanche (tv show)to be there, but apparently they didn’t believe me or that it was possible.

November 8, 2008 at 7:37 pm
  • Did she accept?

Just kidding. That was awesome, thought out and so meaningful. Poor thing I hope she wore waterproof mascara…..cause I would be a mess by the end of that evening!!!!

March 18, 2009 at 7:31 am
  • Nik

I watched this video over a year ago and am watching it again. It is just as moving today as it was then. God is such a wondeful God and to have planned something so special for Keisha just shows how much He really loves us. He said he would do exceedingly and abundantly far beyond anything we could ask, hope or think. I am sure Keisha never imagined this. The love of Robert and Keisha is truly God sent . . . it is amazing! It flows through the video and meets you where you are. I pray that they have many, many years of happiness and love together. When God does it, it ALWAYS turns our right.

God bless your union . . .

April 24, 2009 at 3:27 pm
  • Thank you Terrica for sharing it. This proposal is absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!

July 16, 2009 at 6:13 pm