I Want Candy!
Â Candy bars are becoming tres chic in the wedding world, even though they have been around for a while.Â A lot of our weddings this year have had candy bars– as a matter of fact, more have had them than not!Â Here are some tips:
- Make it cute:Â incorporate your colors or theme.Â It will really add to the decor without spending more on flowers, linens, etc.
- Opt for varying shaped containers, like those to the right.Â Try places like SaveOnCrafts.
- Shoot for non-wrapped candies; they can take away from the overall effect, even thoough it will save you on a scoop!
- Get containers for your guests to take their candy with them:Â tins (like above), chinese take out boxes, bags with your names and dates on them. We give several ideas in the WeddingStyle newsletter and show– just take your pick 🙂
- GO BULK.Â You will save so much money by doing it this way! Don’t attempt to try to buy bags of candy from a store. Go to an actual candy store or a wholesaler online.Â If you’re going to do it, might as well do it right, right? I heart Groovy Candies.
- Look for great design/setup ideas. Your job isn’t done once you pick up the candy and toss it in a few containers.Â Again, this can add to the overall theme and design of your event.Â Start designing the concept of your bar, again, using containers at different heights and shapes, stacking them, creating lollipop trees, etc.Â
Why is this taking off you ask?Â Well, really….when was the last time you were at a wedding where you couldn’t wait to take home the favor?Â Better yet, show me 3 favors from the weddings you went to this year.Â Don’t worry…I’ll wait.
Precisely.Â I had to console a poor SMOB when the gorgeous seashell favors weren’t taken home by guests.Â Guests totally bypass them at times– especially after partying and drinking.Â At least this is something you can see being used and it’s fun!